As our network grows, so does our team.
Below is a list of current vacancies
The Dangerous Dads Network CIC
Administrator – Job Description
Administration & Membership Officer
flexible; between 15-20 hours per week
£11 per hour (approx. £21,450 p.a. pro rata)
18 month contract initially, subject to extension
Dangerous Dads Network Co-ordinator
team meetings are held in an office in Totnes or Dartington, Devon
Qualifications and Experience:
- experience of administrative systems (email, filing, phone calls, bookings, etc)
- computer literate
- social media skills
- project management skills
- some marketing experience
- working with a diverse team of individuals
- friendly & able to work independently
Background to the post:
The Dangerous Dads Network is a Community Interest Company (no.10275338) and a social enterprise with independent Board members. We are a member of Social Enterprise UK and the School for Social Entrepreneurs. Our mission is to ‘help build stronger communities where fathers and male carers have the chance to become the best dads in the world for their children’.
Although based in Devon, The Network operates nationally and internationally. The Network runs a number of programmes, including a membership of dads’ groups, Dad Dancing Fit Club and DadFest, to support father figures and children of all ages and backgrounds. All our projects are expanding and an Administration & Membership Officer is required to support The Network Coordinator and other staff to manage and deliver on all these programmes. See www.dangerousdads.org.uk
Alongside this overall support, we would like the Administrator to focus in particular on supporting existing members, and also to lead on the expansion of Dangerous Dads groups in the UK and internationally. In brief, The Dangerous Dads Network is a membership organisation – people and organisations join and receive support in setting up a dads’ group where they live. To date we have 25 active Dangerous Dads groups in the UK and 3 overseas. There is huge potential to expand the number of Dangerous Dads groups to all areas of the UK and internationally.
- to support, as required, the Dangerous Dads Network Co-ordinator, the Dad Dancing Fit Club Sales Manager and the DadFest Project Manager
- to liaise with and support existing ‘Dangerous Dads’ members
- to improve the membership offer (e.g. to produce a quarterly newsletter that includes news, fundraising advice, discounts, collaborations, ideas, etc)
- to grow the number of members in the UK and internationally
- to undertake general administrative duties on behalf of the Company under the direction of the Network Coordinator
- to maintain the electronic filing systems
- to support the smooth operational running of the Company’s systems and procedures
- to attend Board meetings (to be minute-taker) and training as appropriate
- to lead on aspects of social media for The Dangerous Dads Network CIC
- with the Network Co-ordinator, to support applications for grants for The Dangerous Dads Network CIC
- to maintain records and report to the Board of Directors as required
- to contribute to the overall development and future success of The Dangerous Dads Network CIC
These main duties are an indication of the tasks required now and may be amended, varied or extended per changing circumstances. New tasks, at a similar level of responsibility may be included at a future time, subject to negotiation with the post holder. Please note a budget for marketing, social media campaigns, travel and home office costs is available.
E – Essential
D – Desirable
E – Good IT skills
E – Experience of file management
E – Good communication skills (written and spoken)
E – Good organisational skills
E – Ability to work in flexible way and use initiative
E – Marketing skills, including social media skills
D – Fundraising skills
Please email us a covering letter (2 pages max) outlining why you’re suitable and why you’d like this job. Please also send a CV (no longer than 3 pages) and include contact details of two referees. Email this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions before you apply, please use this email to contact us. We’d love to hear from you!
Friday 16th August 2019 at 6pm
Friday 23rd August in Totnes (Skype interview possible).
tbc September 2019